111.5 Responsibilities.§ 111.5 Responsibilities.
(a) The Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD(P&R)):
(1) Establishes and prescribes procedures for the payment of TC to dependents of Service members separated for dependent abuse.
(2) Oversees compliance with this part.
(b) The Secretaries of the Military Departments and the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, when applicable:
(1) Appoint representatives to coordinate requests for TC, approve requests (except exceptional eligibility requests), and forward those requests for payment in accordance with Chapter 60, Volume 7B of DoD 7000.14-R, “Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations (FMRs): Military Pay Policy - Retired Pay” (available at http://comptroller.defense.gov/Portals/45/documents/fmr/Volume_07b.pdf).
(2) Review and approve or disapprove requests for TC benefits in accordance with the exceptional eligibility authority in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 1059. This responsibility may not be delegated.
(3) Ensure dependents who are victims of a dependent-abuse offense are aware of their eligibility to apply for TC.
(4) Establish departmental guidance to implement this part.