360.11 Computation of amount.§ 360.11 Computation of amount.
(a) General. The purchases of bonds in the name of any person in an individual capacity are computed separately from purchases in a fiduciary capacity, e.g., as representative for the estate of an individual.
(b) Bonds included in computation. In computing the purchases for each person, the following outstanding bonds are included:
(1) All bonds registered in the name and bearing the taxpayer identifying number of that person alone;
(2) All bonds registered in the name of the representative of the estate of that person and bearing that person's taxpayer identifying number; and
(3) All bonds registered in the name of that person as coowner that also bear that person's taxpayer identifying number.
(c) Bonds excluded from computation. In computing the purchases for each person, the following are excluded:
(1) Bonds on which that person is named beneficiary;
(2) Bonds to which that person has become entitled -
(i) Under § 360.70 as surviving beneficiary upon the death of the registered owner;
(ii) As an heir or a legatee of the deceased owner;
(iii) By virtue of the termination of a trust or the happening of a similar event; and
(3) Bonds that are purchased and redeemed within the same calendar year.