500.75 Disclosure of information.§ 500.75 Disclosure of information.
(a) Where disclosure is required, Department of Labor optional forms may be used to satisfy the requirements of disclosure under the Act.
(b) Each farm labor contractor, agricultural employer, and agricultural association which recruits any migrant agricultural worker shall ascertain to the best of his ability and disclose, in writing to the extent that he has obtained such information, to such worker at the time of recruitment, the following information:
(1) The place of employment (with as much specificity as practical, such as the name and address of the employer or the association);
(2) The wage rates (including piece rates) to be paid;
(3) The crops and kinds of activities on which the worker may be employed;
(4) The period of employment;
(5) The transportation, housing, and any other employee benefits to be provided, if any, and any costs to be charged for each of them;
(6) Whether state workers' compensation or state unemployment insurance is provided:
(i) If workers' compensation is provided, the required disclosure must include the name of the workers' compensation insurance carrier, the name(s) of the policyholder(s), the name and telephone number of each person who must be notified of an injury or death, and the time period within which such notice must be given.
(ii) The information requirement in paragraph (b)(6)(i) of this section may be satisfied by giving the worker a photocopy of any workers' compensation notice required by State law;.
(7) The existence of any strike or other concerted work stoppage, slowdown, or interruption of operations by employees at the place of employment; and
(8) The existence of any arrangements with any owner or agent of any establishment in the area of employment under which the farm labor contractor, the agricultural employer, or the agricultural association is to receive a commission or any other benefit resulting from any sales by such establishment to the workers.
(c) Each farm labor contractor, agricultural employer and agricultural association which employs any migrant agricultural worker shall post (and maintain) in a conspicuous place at the place of employment a poster provided by the Secretary of Labor, which sets out the rights and protections for workers required under the Act.
(d) The employer (other than a farm labor contractor) of any migrant agricultural worker, shall provide at the place of employment on request of the worker, a written statement of the conditions of employment. A farm labor contractor shall provide such information in accordance with § 500.60(b) of these regulations.
(e) In a joint employment situation, each employer is equally responsible for displaying and maintaining the poster and for responding to worker requests for written statements of the conditions of employment which are made during the course of employment. This joint responsibility, however, does not require needless duplication, such as would occur if each employer posted the same poster or provided the same written statement with respect to the same employment conditions. Failure to provide the information required by a joint employment relationship, however, will result in all joint employers being responsible for that failure.
(f) Each farm labor contractor, agricultural employer and agricultural association which provides housing for any migrant agricultural worker shall post in a conspicuous place (at the site of the housing) or present in the form of a written statement to the worker the following information on the terms and conditions of occupancy of such housing, if any:
(1) The name and address of the farm labor contractor, agricultural employeror agricultural association providing the housing;
(2) The name and address of the individual in charge of the housing;
(3) The mailing address and phone number where persons living in the housing facility may be reached;
(4) Who may live at the housing facility;
(5) The charges to be made for housing;
(6) The meals to be provided and the charges to be made for them;
(7) The charges for utilities; and
(8) Any other charges or conditions of occupancy.
(g) If the terms and conditions of occupancy are posted, the poster shall be displayed and maintained during the entire period of occupancy. If the terms and conditions of occupancy are disclosed to the worker through a statement (rather than through a posting), such statement shall be provided to the worker prior to occupancy. Department of Labor optional forms may be used to satisfy this requirement.[48 FR 36741, Aug. 12, 1983, as amended at 61 FR 24866, May 16, 1996]