1044.03 What definitions apply to this part§ 1044.03 What definitions apply to this part?
The following definitions apply to this subpart:
Atomic Energy Act means the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2011 et seq.
Classified information means:
(1) Information classified as Restricted Data or Formerly Restricted Data under the Atomic Energy Act; or
(2) Information that has been determined pursuant to Executive Order 12958 or prior Executive Orders to require protection against unauthorized disclosure and is marked to indicate its classification status when in document form (also referred to as “National Security Information” in 10 CFR Part 1045 or “defense information” in the Atomic Energy Act).
Contractor means any industrial, educational, commercial or other entity, grantee or licensee at any tier, including an individual, that has executed an agreement with the Federal Government for the purpose of performing under a contract, license or other agreement.
Defense activities means activities of DOE engaged in support of:
(1) The production, testing, sampling, maintenance, repair, modification, assembly, disassembly, utilization, transportation, or retirement of nuclear weapons or components of nuclear weapons;
(2) The production, utilization, or transportation of nuclear material for military applications; or
(3) The safeguarding of activities, equipment, or facilities which support the production of nuclear weapons or nuclear material for nuclear weapons.
DOE means the Department of Energy, including the National Nuclear Security Administration.
Unclassified controlled nuclear information means unclassified government information prohibited from unauthorized dissemination under section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act and DOE implementing regulations in 10 CFR part 1017.