1400.603 Recordkeeping requirements.§ 1400.603 Recordkeeping requirements.
(a) Any farming operation requesting that more than one person qualify as making a significant contribution of active personal management, or a significant contribution of the combination of active personal labor and active personal management, must maintain contemporaneous records or activity logs for all persons that make any contribution of any management to a farming operation under this subpart that must include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Location where the management activity was performed; and
(2) Time expended and duration of the management activity performed.
(b) To qualify as providing a significant contribution of active personal management each person covered by this subpart must:
(1) Maintain these records and supporting business documentation; and
(2) If requested, timely make these records available for review by the appropriate FSA reviewing authority.
(c) If a person fails to meet the requirement of paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, then both of the following will apply:
(1) The person's contribution of active personal management as represented to the farming operation for payment eligibility purposes will be disregarded; and
(2) The person's payment eligibility will be re-determined for the applicable program year.