Title 7 Part 1400 → Subpart A → §1400.1
Title 7 → Subtitle B → Chapter XIV → Subchapter A → Part 1400 → Subpart A → §1400.1
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR
Title 7 Part 1400 → Subpart A → §1400.1
(a) This part, except as otherwise noted, is applicable to all of the following programs and any other programs as specified in individual program regulations of this chapter:
(1) The Agricultural Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage Programs and Transition Assistance for Producers of Upland Cotton, part 1412 of this chapter;
(2) The Price Support programs in parts 1421, 1427, and 1434 of this chapter;
(3) The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), part 1410 of this chapter;
(4) The Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP), part 1437 of this chapter;
(5) The Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP), Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP), and the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees and Farm-raised Fish Program (ELAP), part 1416 of this chapter;
(6) The Tree Assistance Program (TAP), part 1416 of this chapter; and
(7) The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) conservation programs of this title including the Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) program, Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP), Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), and Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP).
(8) Subparts C, D, and G of this part do not apply to the programs listed in paragraphs (a)(3) through (7) of this section.
(b) This part will apply to the programs specified in:
(1) Paragraphs (a)(1), (2), (4), (5), and (7) of this section on a crop year basis;
(2) Paragraph (a)(3) of this section on a fiscal year basis;
(3) Paragraph (a)(6) of this section on a calendar year basis; and
(4) Paragraph (a)(7) of this section when funding is available.
(c) This part will be used to determine the manner in which payments will be attributed to persons and legal entities for the payment limitations provided in this section and to other programs as specified in individual program regulations in this chapter.
(d) Where more than one provision of this part may apply, the provision that is most restrictive on the program participant will be applied.
(e) The payment limitations of this part are not applicable to:
(1) Payments made under State conservation reserve enhancement program agreements approved by the Secretary, and
(2) Payments made subject to this part if ownership interest in land or a commodity is transferred as the result of the death of a program participant and the new owner of the land or commodity has succeeded to the contract of the prior owner. If the successor is otherwise eligible, payments cannot exceed the amount the previous owner was entitled to receive at the time of death.
(f) The following amounts are the limitations on payments per person or legal entity for the applicable period for each payment or benefit.
|Payment or benefit||Limitation per|
person or legal
or fiscal year
|(1) Price Loss Coverage, Agricultural Risk Coverage, Loan Deficiency Program, and Marketing Loan Gain payments (other than Peanuts)||$125,000|
|(2) Price Loss Coverage, Agricultural Risk Coverage, Loan Deficiency Program, and Marketing Loan Gain payments for Peanuts||125,000|
|(3) Transition Assistance for Producers of Upland Cotton1||40,000|
|(4) CRP annual rental payments2||50,000|
|(5) NAP payments||125,000|
|(7) LIP, LFP, and ELAP4||125,000|
|(10) AMA program7||50,000|
1Transition Assistance for Producers of Upland Cotton is only available in the 2014 and 2015 program years.
2CRP contracts approved prior to October 1, 2008 may exceed the limitation, subject to payment limitation rules in effect on the date of contract approval.
3A separate limitation applies to TAP payments for 2011 through 2016 program years. Lastly, there is no program payment limitation for either LIP or TAP in 2017 and subsequent program years.
4Total payments received through LIP, LFP, and ELAP may not exceed $125,000 for each of the 2011 through 2016 program years. For the 2017 and subsequent program years, LIP is no longer included in the combined program limitation.
5The $200,000 limit is the total limit under all CSP contracts entered into subsequent to enactment of the 2014 Farm Bill during fiscal years 2014 through 2018.
6The $450,000 limit is the total limit under all EQIP contracts entered into subsequent to enactment of the 2014 Farm Bill during fiscal years 2014 through 2018.
7The $50,000 limit is the total limit that a participant may receive under the AMA program in any fiscal year.
[79 FR 21096, Apr. 14, 2014, as amended at 80 FR 119, Jan. 2, 2015; 80 FR 78128, Dec. 16, 2015; 83 FR 49463, Oct. 2, 2018]