752.201 Coverage.§ 752.201 Coverage.
(a) Adverse actions covered. This subpart covers suspension for 14 days or less.
(b) Employees covered. This subpart covers:
(1) An employee in the competitive service who has completed a probationary or trial period;
(2) An employee in the competitive service serving in an appointment which requires no probationary or trial period, and who has completed 1 year of current continuous employment in the same or similar positions under other than a temporary appointment limited to 1 year or less;
(3) An employee with competitive status who occupies a position under Schedule B of part 213 of this chapter;
(4) An employee who was in the competitive service at the time his or her position was first listed under Schedule A, B, or C of the excepted service and still occupies that position;
(5) An employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs appointed under section 7401(3) of title 38, United States Code; and
(6) An employee of the Government Printing Office.
(c) Exclusions. This subpart does not apply to a suspension for 14 days or less:
(1) Of an administrative law judge under 5 U.S.C. 7521;
(2) Taken for national security reasons under 5 U.S.C. 7532;
(3) Taken under any other provision of law which excepts the action from subchapter I, chapter 75, of title 5, U.S. Code;
(4) Of a reemployed annuitant; or
(5) Of a National Guard Technician.
(d) Definitions. In this subpart -
Current continuous employment means a period of employment immediately preceding a suspension action without a break in Federal civilian employment of a workday.
Day means a calendar day.
Similar positions means positions in which the duties performed are similar in nature and character and require substantially the same or similar qualifications, so that the incumbent could be interchanged between the positions without significant training or undue interruption to the work.
Suspension means the placing of an employee, for disciplinary reasons, in a temporary status without duties and pay.