630.604 Earning rates.§ 630.604 Earning rates.
(a) For each 12 months of service abroad, an employee earns home leave at the following rate:
(1) An employee who accepts an appointment to, or occupies, a position for which the agency has prescribed the requirement that the incumbent accept assignments anywhere in the world as the needs of the agency dictate - 15 days.
(2) An employee who is serving with a U.S. mission to a public international organization - 15 days.
(3) An employee who is serving at a post for which payment of a foreign or nonforeign (but not a tropical) differential of 20 percent or more is authorized by law or regulation - 15 days.
(4) An employee not included in paragraph (a) (1), (2), or (3) of this section who is serving at a post for which payment of a foreign or territorial (but not a tropical) differential of at least 10 percent but less than 20 percent is authorized by law or regulation - 10 days.
(5) An employee not included in paragraph (a) (1), (2), (3), or (4) of this section - 5 days.
(6) An employee included under (a) (1) through (5) of this section whose civilian service abroad is interrupted by a tour of duty in the Armed Forces of the United States, for the duration of such tour - 0 (zero) days.
(b) An agency shall credit home leave to an employee's leave account, as earned, in multiples of 1 day.[33 FR 12475, Sept. 4, 1968, as amended at 35 FR 14763, Sept. 23, 1970]