603.4 Standards used to Maintain Records.§ 603.4 Standards used to Maintain Records.
(a) Records Maintained by the NCPC shall contain only such information about an Individual as is relevant and necessary to accomplish a purpose NCPC must accomplish to comply with relevant statutes or Executive Orders of the President.
(b) Records Maintained by the NCPC and used to make a determination about an Individual shall be accurate, relevant, timely, and complete to assure a fair determination.
(c) Information used by the NCPC in making a determination about an Individual's rights, benefits, and privileges under federal programs shall be collected, to the greatest extent practicable, directly from the Individual. In deciding whether collection of information about an Individual, as opposed to a third party is practicable, the NCPC shall consider the following:
(1) Whether the information sought can only be obtained from a third party;
(2) Whether the cost to collect the information from an Individual is unreasonable compared to the cost of collecting the information from a third party;
(3) Whether there is a risk of collecting inaccurate information from a third party that could result in a determination adverse to the Individual concerned;
(4) Whether the information collected from an Individual requires verification by a third party; and
(5) Whether the Individual can verify information collected from third parties.
(d) The NCPC shall not Maintain Records describing how an Individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution unless the maintenance of the Record is expressly authorized by statute or by the Individual about whom the Record is Maintained or pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.