Title 40 Part 63 → Subpart BBBBBB → §63.11086
Title 40 → Chapter I → Subchapter C → Part 63 → Subpart BBBBBB → §63.11086
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR
Title 40 Part 63 → Subpart BBBBBB → §63.11086
e-CFR data is current as of January 16, 2020
Title 40: Protection of Environment
PART 63—NATIONAL EMISSION STANDARDS FOR HAZARDOUS AIR POLLUTANTS FOR SOURCE CATEGORIES (CONTINUED)
Subpart BBBBBB—National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Source Category: Gasoline Distribution Bulk Terminals, Bulk Plants, and Pipeline Facilities
§63.11086 What requirements must I meet if my facility is a bulk gasoline plant?
Each owner or operator of an affected bulk gasoline plant, as defined in §63.11100, must comply with the requirements of paragraphs (a) through (i) of this section.
(a) Except as specified in paragraph (b) of this section, you must only load gasoline into storage tanks and cargo tanks at your facility by utilizing submerged filling, as defined in §63.11100, and as specified in paragraphs (a)(1), (a)(2), or (a)(3) of this section. The applicable distances in paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this section shall be measured from the point in the opening of the submerged fill pipe that is the greatest distance from the bottom of the storage tank.
(1) Submerged fill pipes installed on or before November 9, 2006, must be no more than 12 inches from the bottom of the tank.
(2) Submerged fill pipes installed after November 9, 2006, must be no more than 6 inches from the bottom of the tank.
(3) Submerged fill pipes not meeting the specifications of paragraphs (a)(1) or (a)(2) of this section are allowed if the owner or operator can demonstrate that the liquid level in the gasoline storage tank is always above the entire opening of the fill pipe. Documentation providing such demonstration must be made available for inspection by the Administrator's delegated representative during the course of a site visit.
(b) Gasoline storage tanks with a capacity of less than 250 gallons are not required to comply with the control requirements in paragraph (a) of this section, but must comply only with the requirements in paragraph (d) of this section.
(c) You must perform a monthly leak inspection of all equipment in gasoline service according to the requirements specified in §63.11089(a) through (d).
(d) You must not allow gasoline to be handled in a manner that would result in vapor releases to the atmosphere for extended periods of time. Measures to be taken include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Minimize gasoline spills;
(2) Clean up spills as expeditiously as practicable;
(3) Cover all open gasoline containers and all gasoline storage tank fill-pipes with a gasketed seal when not in use;
(4) Minimize gasoline sent to open waste collection systems that collect and transport gasoline to reclamation and recycling devices, such as oil/water separators.
(e) You must submit an Initial Notification that you are subject to this subpart by May 9, 2008 unless you meet the requirements in paragraph (g) of this section. The Initial Notification must contain the information specified in paragraphs (e)(1) through (4) of this section. The notification must be submitted to the applicable EPA Regional Office and the delegated State authority, as specified in §63.13.
(1) The name and address of the owner and the operator.
(2) The address (i.e., physical location) of the bulk plant.
(3) A statement that the notification is being submitted in response to this subpart and identifying the requirements in paragraphs (a), (b), (c), and (d) of this section that apply to you.
(4) A brief description of the bulk plant, including the number of storage tanks in gasoline service, the capacity of each storage tank in gasoline service, and the average monthly gasoline throughput at the affected source.
(f) You must submit a Notification of Compliance Status to the applicable EPA Regional Office and the delegated State authority, as specified in §63.13, by the compliance date specified in §63.11083 unless you meet the requirements in paragraph (g) of this section. The Notification of Compliance Status must be signed by a responsible official who must certify its accuracy and must indicate whether the source has complied with the requirements of this subpart. If your facility is in compliance with the requirements of this subpart at the time the Initial Notification required under paragraph (e) of this section is due, the Notification of Compliance Status may be submitted in lieu of the Initial Notification provided it contains the information required under paragraph (e) of this section.
(g) If, prior to January 10, 2008, you are operating in compliance with an enforceable State, local, or tribal rule or permit that requires submerged fill as specified in §63.11086(a), you are not required to submit an Initial Notification or a Notification of Compliance Status under paragraph (e) or paragraph (f) of this section.
(h) You must comply with the requirements of this subpart by the applicable dates specified in §63.11083.
(i) You must keep applicable records and submit reports as specified in §63.11094(d) and (e) and §63.11095(c).
[73 FR 1933, Jan. 10, 2008, as amended at 76 FR 4177, Jan. 24, 2011]