Title 37 Part 360 → Subpart B → §360.22
Title 37 → Chapter III → Subchapter C → Part 360 → Subpart B → §360.22
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR
Title 37 Part 360 → Subpart B → §360.22
e-CFR data is current as of February 14, 2020
Title 37: Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
PART 360—FILING OF CLAIMS TO ROYALTY FEES COLLECTED UNDER COMPULSORY LICENSE
Subpart B—Digital Audio Recording Devices and Media (DART) Royalty Claims
§360.22 Form and content of claims.
(a) Forms. (1) Each claim to DART royalty payments must be furnished on a form prescribed by the Copyright Royalty Board and must contain the information required by that form and its accompanying instructions.
(2) Copies of DART claim forms are available:
(i) On the Copyright Royalty Board's Web site at http://www.crb.gov/claims for claims filed with the Copyright Royalty Board by mail or by hand delivery;
(ii) On the Copyright Royalty Board's Web site at http://www.crb.gov/dart/ during the months of January and February for claims filed online through eCRB; and
(iii) Upon request to the Copyright Royalty Board, by mail at the address set forth in §301.2(a), by email at the address set forth in §301.2(d), or by telephone at (202) 707-7658.
(b) Content. Claims filed by interested copyright parties for DART royalty payments must include the following information:
(1) The full legal name and address of the person or entity claiming royalty payments.
(2) The name, telephone number, full mailing address, and email address of the person or entity filing the claim. The information contained in a filer's eCRB profile will fulfill this requirement for claims submitted through eCRB.
(3) The name, telephone number, and email address of a person whom the Copyright Royalty Board can contact regarding the claim.
(4) A statement as to how the claimant fits within the definition of interested copyright party.
(5) A statement as to whether the claim is being made against the Sound Recordings Fund or the Musical Works Fund, as set forth in 17 U.S.C. 1006(b), and as to which Subfund the claim is made. The Subfunds for the Sound Recordings Fund are the Copyright Owners Subfund and the Featured Recording Artists Subfund, The Subfunds for the Musical Works Fund are the Music Publishers Subfund and the Writers Subfund, as described in 17 U.S.C. 1006(b)(1) through (2).
(6) Identification, establishing a basis for the claim, of at least one musical work or sound recording embodied in a digital musical recording or an analog musical recording lawfully made under title 17 of the United States Code that has been distributed (as that term is defined in 17 U.S.C. 1001(6)), and that, during the period to which the royalty payments claimed pertain, has been:
(i) Distributed (as that term is defined in 17 U.S.C. 1001(6)) in the form of digital musical recordings or analog musical recordings; or
(ii) Disseminated to the public in transmissions.
(7) A declaration of the authority to file the claim and of the veracity of the information contained in the claim and the good faith of the person signing in providing the information. Penalties for fraud and false statements are provided under 18 U.S.C. 1001 et seq.
(c) Signature. Claims must bear the original signature of the claimant or of a duly authorized representative of the claimant, except for claims filed online through eCRB.
(d) Changes. In the event that the legal name and/or address of the claimant changes after the filing of the claim, the claimant must notify the Copyright Royalty Board of the change. Any other proposed changes or amendments must be submitted in accordance with 37 CFR 360.30. If the good faith efforts of the Copyright Royalty Board to contact the claimant are frustrated because of failure to notify the Copyright Royalty Board of a name and/or address change, the claim may be subject to dismissal. A person or entity that filed a claim online through eCRB must notify the Copyright Royalty Board of any change of name or address by updating that person or entity's eCRB profile as required by §350.5(g).
(e) List of claimants. If the claim is a joint claim, it must include the name of each claimant participating in the joint claim. Filers submitting joint claims online through eCRB on behalf of ten or fewer claimants, must list the name of each claimant included in the joint claim directly on the filed joint claim. Filers submitting joint claims on behalf of more than ten claimants must include an Excel spreadsheet listing the name of each claimant included in the joint claim. For joint claims filed by mail or hand delivery, the filer may submit the list containing the name of each claimant included in the joint claim in a single Excel spreadsheet on CD, DVD, or other electronic storage medium.
(f) Subfunds. If an interested copyright party intends to file claims against more than one Subfund, each Subfund claim must be filed separately with the Copyright Royalty Board. The Copyright Royalty Board will reject any claim that purports to claim funds from more than one Subfund.
[82 FR 27018, June 13, 2017, as amended at 82 FR 55323, Nov. 21, 2017]