Title 36 Part 1201 → Subpart E → §1201.51

Title 36 → Chapter XII → Subchapter A → Part 1201 → Subpart E → §1201.51

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR

Title 36 Part 1201 → Subpart E → §1201.51

e-CFR data is current as of May 29, 2020

Title 36Chapter XIISubchapter APart 1201Subpart E → §1201.51

Title 36: Parks, Forests, and Public Property
Subpart E—Administrative Offset

§1201.51   How will NARA request that my debt to NARA be collected by offset against some payment that another Federal agency owes me?

The Archivist may request that funds due and payable to you by another Federal agency instead be paid to NARA to satisfy a debt you owe to NARA. NARA will refer debts to the Treasury for centralized administrative offset in accordance with the FCCS and the procedures established by the Treasury. Where centralized offset is not available or appropriate, NARA may request offset directly from the Federal agency that is holding funds for you. In requesting administrative offset, NARA will certify in writing to the Federal agency that is holding funds for you:

(a) That you owe the debt;

(b) The amount and basis of the debt; and

(c) That NARA has complied with the requirements of 31 U.S.C. 3716, its own administrative offset regulations in this subpart, the applicable administrative offset regulations of the agency holding the funds, and the applicable provisions of the FCCS with respect to providing you with due process.