Title 10 Part 624
Title 10 → Chapter II → Subchapter I → Part 624
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR
Title 10 Part 624
The following clause shall be used in accordance with the provisions of §622.103:
(a) This contract is subject to the Contract Disputes Act of 1978 (41 U.S.C. 601 et seq.). If a dispute arises relating to the contract, the purchaser may submit a claim to the Contracting Officer who shall issue a written decision on the dispute.
(b) Claim means:
(1) A written request submitted to the Contracting Officer;
(2) For payment of money, adjustment of contract terms, or other relief;
(3) Which is in dispute or remains unresolved after a reasonable time for its review and disposition by the Government; and
(4) For which a Contracting Officer's decision is demanded.
(c) In the case of disputed requests or amendments to such requests for payment exceeding $50,000, or with any amendment causing the total request in dispute to exceed $50,000, the purchaser shall certify, at the time of submission of a claim, as follows:
I certify that the claim is made in good faith, that the supporting data is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that the amount requested accurately reflects the contract adjustment for which the Purchaser believes the Government is liable.
(d) The Government shall pay the Purchaser interest.
(1) On the amount found due to the purchaser and unpaid on claims submitted under this clause;
(2) At the rates fixed by the Secretary of the Treasury;
(3) From the date the amount is due until the Government makes payment.
(e) The purchaser shall pay the Government interest:
(1) On the amount found due to the Government and unpaid on claims submitted under this clause;
(2) At the rates fixed by the Department of Energy for the payment of interest on past due accounts;
(3) From the date the amount is due until the purchaser makes payment.
(f) The decision of the Contracting Officer shall be final and conclusive and not subject to review by any forum, tribunal, or Government agency unless an appeal or action is timely commenced within the times specified by the Contract Disputes Act of 1978.
(g) The purchaser shall comply with any decision of the Contracting Officer and at the direction of the Contracting Officer shall proceed diligently with performance of this contract pending final resolution of any request for relief, claim, appeal, or action related to this contract.
(Sec. 644, Department of Energy Organization Act, Pub. L. 95-91, 91 Stat. 599 (42 U.S.C. 7254))